The Sergeant Bluff Police Department has an opening for a Police Officer. Sergeant Bluff is a community of 4,227 people with an 7-man police department which includes a full-time S.R.O. officer in the schools.
- Uncertified no degree $39,529
- Certified Officer no degree $41,500
- Certified officer with AA degree Police Science $42,814
- Certified with BA degree in Criminal Justice $44,303
Plus Benefit package
Minimum standards are:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Not addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Good moral character
- Must successfully pass physical agility testing adopted by I.L.E.A.
- Pass P.O.S.T (Police officers selection Test) written test
- Pass background check
- Pass Oral interview exam
Medical minimum standards:
- Must have uncorrected vision of not less than 20-100 in both eyes and corrected to 20-20
- Must pass color vision testing
- Must have normal hearing
- The grant requires that the newly hired Police officer is a military veteran who has served no less than 180 days in the military since Sept 11, 2001. Please send military records with Resume.
The opening is the result of Department receiving the Department of Justice COPS Hiring Grant. The grant supports the cost of the Police officer for three years with $125,000 in funding.
For further information or questions contact Chief of Police David McFarland at the Sergeant Bluff Police Department at 712-943-9603.
The City application can be downloaded from the Website under the Human Resource title.
Send applications and Resume’s to 309 5th Street Sergeant Bluff, Iowa 50154. Applicants may email application and resume to: @CityofSergeantBluff.com
Applications should be received by July 24th, 2012. (Open until filled) Sergeant Bluff is an equal opportunity employer.