401 4th Street
PO Box 703
Ph: (712) 943-4244
Fx: (712) 943-2106
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
As a City Council-appointed, record-keeping officer, the City Clerk and staff are responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council
documents as prescribed by State law and City Code
The City Clerk is responsible for:
City Hall Team
- Review, verify, and check the accuracy of routine financial documents, such as meter readings, utility bills, and cash receipts.
- Oversee the City's work order system to ensure communication and monitoring activities.
- Daily supervision of Clerk I and Administrative Assistant to include discretion to allocate assignment of duties.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of agendas and support materials for City Council and other meetings
- Attendance at regular and special City Council meetings and record minutes
Ensure completion of new employee enrollment forms and annual changes, or as necessary.
- First Report of Injury tracking.
- Annual OSHA reporting for Work Related Injuries and Illnesses.
- Coordinate employee training and maintain documentation of such training.
- Provide monthly reconciliation of the City's bank statements. Coordinate work with the Finance Director.
- Provide regular internal controls to the other clerk staff at the direction of the Finance Director.
- Create year-end documents, reports, and account reconciliations.
- Bi-Monthly reporting and paying of sales tax.
- Assist Finance Director with year-end financial entries.
- Assist Finance Director with yearly audit reporting.
- Provide general information in person and on the phone answering questions regarding routine utility billing matters.
- Prepare billings notices, and/or automatic bank payments.
- Maintain automatic bank payment information for customer accounts; prepares and reconciles monthly automated payments.
- Work with customers in setting up payment arrangements (contracts), prepares bills for the customers with long term agreements, and monitors activity of payment arrangements.
- Energy Star rebates; preparing the documents, approving the rebate applications, process paperwork for payment, tracking annual rebate totals
Jason Kvidera, Finance Director
Danny Christoffers, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Payroll Clerk
Sherry Holder, Receptionist